Glionna Mansell Corporation Presenting the world's finest Classical, Digital and Digital-Pipe Organs
- Organix 2013 Schedule
- Glionna Mansell announces new products from Allen Organ Company
- Glionna Mansell sole owner and producer of Organix Concerts
- Organix 2012 Schedule
- Glionna Mansell Launches New Campaign
- Holy Cross Parish in Kemptville selects an Allen Renaissance Quantum organ.
- Église St. Jacques d’Embrun selects the Allen MDS 40-S organ.
- Glionna Mansell Corporation Sponsors ORGANIX CONCERTS
- Thornhill Presbyterian Church selects the Allen Protégé™ L226 organ
- Allen News from Europe
- Glionna Mansell Corporation Presents Operatic Obsessions
- Diane Bish will perform the inaugural concert of the new Allen organ at St. Patrick’s
- St. Patricks Catholic Church - Mississauga HIII-350D
- St. Christopher’s Catholic Church - Clarkson. Q265D
- St. Philip the Apostle Catholic Church - Oshawa. L9
- St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church - Markham. HII-45
- St. Michael’s Choir School – Toronto: L9
- St. Mark’s Catholic Church - Toronto. Q265D
- The Light Korean Presbyterian Church - Mississauga. Herald Speakers
- St. Maximilian Kolbe Catholic Church - Mississauga. Q385C
- St. Michaels Choir School - Toronto. Elite Opus IV
Find out all about what is going on with organ installations as well as the featured events across the GTA
January 26th 2011
Thornhill Presbyterian Church selects the Allen Protégé™ L226 organ
Thornhill Presbyterian Church in Thornhill, north of Toronto, Ontario will be taking delivery of a new organ in February, 2011. The L226 is a 33 stop, two manual digital organ with 4 stop lists easily accessed from the on-board library. From Baroque, English Cathedral, Cavaillé-Coll and American Classic, the Allen StopList™ library offers the organist a palette of 132 colours of pipe-organ sound and 8 distinct historic tunings.
With individually adjustable weighted and felted wooden keysticks, sealed reed switch keying for the ultimate in reliability and responsiveness, note-by-note, stop-by-stop voicing, these significant features combine to achieve pipe organ characteristics in sound and touch. This means that well over 500 years of organ repertoire and organ building can be credibly represented and performed on this instrument today and far into the future.
Glionna Mansell Corporation President and Artistic Director, Gordon Mansell, states: “this new instrument replaces an Allen SYS301 that has served Thornhill for forty years and continues to function beautifully and will easily find a second home.” Thornhill is blessed to have a donation made to the church specifically for a new organ. From the perspective of the donor, there was only one organ builder with the reputation that would see their donation bear fruit as a worthy legacy gift.
Allen organs have earned a reputation with Thornhill that matches their world-wide respect earned for quality, service and longevity. The quality of construction and of sound redefines the state-of-the-art in organ building. Allen organs are built to satisfy the congregation and are designed with the organist in mind.