Glionna Mansell Corporation Presenting the world's finest Classical, Digital and Digital-Pipe Organs-->
- Organix Concerts - Broadcast Edition
- MOSAIC Canadian Vocal Ensemble
- Gordon D. Mansell Concert Organist
- Glionna Mansell Presents Organix 16
- Gordon D. Mansell Concert Organist
- Gordon D. Mansell - Concert Organist
- Andrew Michalewski selects the Allen French Terraced Q285 Heritage edition organ for his residence
- St. Cuthbert’s Anglican Church selects the Rudy Lucente RL-58 organ from Allen’s newest series of Quantum organs
- Croatian Martyrs selected Bravura™ L122 organ
- Glionna Mansell announces new products from Allen Organ Company
- Organix 2012 Schedule
- Glionna Mansell sole owner and producer of Organix Concerts
- Glionna Mansell Launches New Campaign
- Holy Cross Parish in Kemptville selects an Allen Renaissance Quantum organ.
- Église St. Jacques d’Embrun selects the Allen MDS 40-S organ.
- Glionna Mansell Corporation Sponsors ORGANIX CONCERTS
- Thornhill Presbyterian Church selects the Allen Protégé™ L226 organ
- Organix 2013 Schedule
- Allen News from Europe
- Glionna Mansell Corporation Presents Operatic Obsessions
- Diane Bish will perform the inaugural concert of the new Allen organ at St. Patrick’s
- St. Patricks Catholic Church - Mississauga HIII-350D
- St. Christopher’s Catholic Church - Clarkson. Q265D
- St. Philip the Apostle Catholic Church - Oshawa. L9
- St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church - Markham. HII-45
- St. Michael’s Choir School – Toronto: L9
- St. Mark’s Catholic Church - Toronto. Q265D
- The Light Korean Presbyterian Church - Mississauga. Herald Speakers
- St. Maximilian Kolbe Catholic Church - Mississauga. Q385C
- St. Michaels Choir School - Toronto. Elite Opus IV
Find out all about what is going on with organ installations as well as the featured events across the GTA
September 29th 2015
Organix Concerts - Broadcast Edition
Toronto, Canada. Gordon Mansell, president and artistic director of Glionna Mansell Corporation and ORGANIX CONCERTS INC. announced today the launch of a weekly radio broadcast that will be branded under the same name as its concert production company, ORGANIX CONCERTS. The broadcast will feature the world’s finest recorded performnces of organ music. Gordon Mansell, executive producer and host of the new show stated recently, [that] “...until now, there has been an obvious and intentional neglect by Toronto media of a very signifcant catalogue of music.” Mr. Mansell goes on to say; “...broadcasters have not fully appreciated the growing market of young people who are discovering the instrument nor the professional musicians who have chosen the organ as their instrument of choice.
This segment along with the usual classical music demographic is yielding results and the broad interest can actually be seen at organ concerts when young local and international artists are performing. Mozart referred to the organ as the King of Instruments for good reason. It is the largest musical instrument created by humans, it has the most dynamic tonal resources of all and in many respects, may be the most challenging to play. Nevertheless, there is a formidable library assembled from over 600 years of contributions from well known and lesser known composers. Contemporary composers continue to write for the instrument, making this a truly dynamic and relevant musical experience. For the student, the organ is a viable instrument worthy of study and developing a future with it.”
The weekly ORGANIX CONCERTS the broadcast edition will also feature interviews, guest co-hosts and community calendar of choral and organ events. The broadcasts will initially be Wednesday evenings from 8:00 to 9:00 on the 1610 AM frequency and live streamed at www.chha1610am.ca. Gordon mentioned [that] “...getting in on the ground floor, so-to-speak will provide many opportunities to grow the audience and create a significant media footprint for organ and organ related music performances.”
Advertisers are welcome to get involved with this new project as it is unique in the Toronto media landscape and very economical. There is no other place in Toronto media focused on this growing market. While ads will be English for this show, ads may also be translated and communicated to the Spanish-speaking listener base on other shows being broadcasted from this station. The station is a Spanish language media enterprise, as such, advertisers may take advantage of the growing influence of the Toronto Latino community.
ORGANIX CONCERTS will cut through the clutter of “sameness” all too common in Toronto classical music programming. For a completely different classical experience, ORGANIX CONCERTS at 1610 AM will be the place to go every Wednesday night.
* * *
As a performing organist, Gordon Mansell has performed in Poland and Italy, including the Vatican and the Basilica churches of St. Ignatius Loyola in Rome and Holy Trinity in Florence. Since 2008, Gordon has been Music Director and Organist at Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church in Toronto where he plays the world-famous Casavant organ, Opus 2805. This mechanical action organ is famous as a result of the authoritative DECCA recordings of Bach and Buxtehude performed and recorded by UK organist Peter Hurford. Gordon Mansell is also Executive Producer and Artistic Director of ORGANIX CONCERTS INC. a wholly-owned subsidiary of Glionna Mansell Corporation and has produced 10 seasons of organ concerts, featuring many of the world’s finest performers from Poland, Italy, France, USA and United Kingdom. He is also the Ontario dealer of the world’s most respected digital organ builder, Allen Organ Company. Gordon’s early music training was gained from the Royal Conservatory of Music and St. Michael’s Choir School. By the time Gordon was twelve years of age, he started his professional career as a church organist. Gordon holds has a Bachelor of Music (2006) and Master of Music degrees (2008) majoring in Organ Performance from the University of Toronto, Faculty of Music.
For more information, please phone 416-769-5224.
Glionna Mansell Corporation
464 Armadale Avenue
Toronto, Ontario, M6S 3X9